Friday Coffee Date : 5 Things You Don't Know
I love the idea of this link up and think I may even try my hand at vlogging for the next one! Yikes!
Except the idea of y'all hearing how strange my voice is compared to my writing makes my palms sweat. New year new things right? So yeah.
Today's topic is 5 Things You May Not Know About Me. Sheesh. I feel like I am an open book but here we go!
- First things first - you would be surprised to find that I am incredibly shy. Yeah, I know. If you've met me in real life you know I can be a loudmouthed silly somebody but I can be terribly introverted at times. I love to meet new people but am befuddled by small talk and feel awkward when the conversation runs out. So Blissdom should be a huge adventure for me.
- I've been engaged twice. To the same man. We got engaged when I was 23 and broke it off a few months later (I had NO idea what I was doing) and then got back together when I was 28 and were married when I was 31!! Who knew it would end up here?
- My daughter saved me from myself. Not even kidding. I was a total party girl with no real direction and just cruising through life. I got pregnant, had Sweet Pea and everything changed. Talk about prioritizing! Also I was never even really gung ho about having kids so it was truly divine intervention that saved my soul.
- I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. I mean, don't we all? But being a Black woman it's a bit more complicated. We pretty much come into this world with hair issues so it's been a life long thing. It never looks the way I think it will and that can sometimes be disappointing when I have an idea in my head and it doesn't come out the same.
- I'm really proud of my workout routine and how I got in shape for the wedding and then subsequently lost the baby weight as quickly as I did but I get VERY uncomfortable when people tell me that I'm skinny. I don't know why because I clearly work hard at being a certain size (not because I feel pressure but as I've said before I don't have the money for a whole new wardrobe) but it still makes me feel weird when people draw attention to it. Maybe it's the way it's done. I don't mind if someone says wow you look great what are you doing? rather than the omg. you're so skinny." It makes me feel like they are judging me somehow. How's that for random?
So if we were having coffee this week what random things would you share with me?