2012 - big plans for a big year
Next year is going to be life altering for us here at Sweet Peaz corner.
We will be welcoming Baby Ninja into our homes in February and that's going to be huge.
Sweet Pea will be turning 10 the following month and I don't know if my hormones will ever recover.
Babe will be celebrating his 10 year anniversary at his company, which is spectacular for someone in the banking industry in this day and age.
My brother will begin graduate school to work on his Masters.
Both of my god-sisters are getting married in June.
I'm going to be 33.(oy)
Times they are changing.
So I've compiled a bit of a list of things that I'd like to see happen next year.
I feel like I have so many things I'd like to do all the time, but it's generally just a mental list and most of it I never get around to until it's too late.
So I thought while I have some time, why not compile my "To-Do List for 2012"
12 in 2012
- Buy a sewing machine and learn to sew - I'm not trying to make dresses or anything major just yet. But I feel compelled to at least learn to make pillow covers and curtains to start with. Then perhaps I will make a cute scarf like my friend Shanna or slip cover a couch / chair like I do in my dreams.
- Sell wedding dress. Sorry folks I love it but it's really just taking space in my closet and we haven't the room for it.
- Do more freezer cooking. Let's face it, with a new baby the odds of me feeling like cooking dinner 4 nights a week are slim to none. If I already have some meals prepared it will definitely save some time. If not my sanity.
- Get a better cleaning schedule. I am terrible about this. I clean sporadically and maniacally. If I had a schedule it would definitely be beneficial.
- Be more organized. I.E. use the ideas I see online and implement them!!! I have a boatload of nifty organizing tips but have only utilized a handful of them. I want to make it a point to make this house more efficient.
- Re-do Sweet Pea's room. My baby girl is growing up. She is entering the "tweeny bopper" stage and her room should reflect that.
- Go on more dates with my husband. We spend time together and hang out but it's been awhile since just he and I got away for a decent dinner.
- Sell my Cricut and get a Silhouette. I need to stop talking about it and just 'do it'. I know what I want and why I want/need it. So it's time.
- Return to the Playboy Jazz Festival. We had such a good time last year and I cannot wait to do it again!
- Do more makeup. Professionally. Not just for the family. Really build a business that I can be proud of and that allows me to spend time with my family while nurturing my passions.
- Write. Again professionally (as in get paid for it) and expand my genres and horizons. really push myself.
- Plant an herb garden. I've been saying for years that I want to do this so it's high time I stopped talking about it and became about it.
I think 12 things is a good list so far. I'm sure I will come up with a few more but for now these are what are near and dear to my heart.
And the ones I think I can feasibly accomplish.
Anything on your 'to-do' list for 2012??